Home loan is a secured loan taken for buying a flat, multi-storied house, commercial property or for home renovation and extension. You can borrow around 70% to 80% of the property value as loan. Rest 20–25% is to be paid by the you. Good and long-term relationship with the bank can help you negotiate on the interest rate. However, the rate depends on the project, value of property in the area, borrower’s credit score, income, age etc.
Home Loan Eligibility
For approval of home loan you need to qualify the below stated eligibility criteria.
- Age of the borrower should be 21years to 65 years
- Educational qualification in case of self employed
- Borrower’s monthly income and job stability
- Credit history and score
- Liabilities of other ongoing loan, such as educational loan, personal loan, etc.
- Co-applicant’s income and credit score, if any
- Assets details
Home Loan Documentation
- Filled and signed application form with photograph
- Processing fee by cheque or draft
Home Loan Features
- You can protect your ongoing home loan with ‘Home loan insurance’. In case of any mishappening, it helps your family to repay the remaining amount.
- You can select from fixed and floating interest rate through the ‘Flexible interest rate’ feature.
- You can get your home loan pre-approved before buying the property. It saves you from losing the house of your choice. Pre-approved home loan – save the time lost on home insurance approval at the time of purchasing home that can even get sold out because of the delay in the documentation or approval process
- Home loan balance transfer – for transferring of current home loan from one lender to the other in search of better interest rates.
- Quick and simple processing