HDFC Bank is the largest player in the Indian credit card marketplace. The bank offers a varied range of credit cards that are each loaded with unique features and benefits. While some are well-suited for shopaholics, others provide exclusive travel privileges and rewards. At Paisabazaar.com, you can find the top credit cards offered by HDFC Bank and apply online without any hassle.
Let us look at different HDFC credit cards in some detail-
*Terms and Conditions Apply
HDFC Regalia Credit Card makes you a part of HDFC’s Elite Circle which gives you great saving opportunity along with world-class privileges. This card is best suited for the frequent travellers as well as the shopaholics. Although it attracts an annual fee of Rs. 2,500, the benefits that it entails are aplenty. Given below are some such features-
- Get a welcome bonus of 2,500 reward points.
- Enjoy up to 15% discount at select partner restaurants including some 5-star outlets.
- Get complimentary Taj Epicure Plus Membership.
- Get complimentary Club Vistara Membership which lets you earn 9 Club Vistara points for every Rs. 100 spent along with additional 5 kg baggage allowance.
- Get access to more than 850 airport lounges across the world under the complimentary Priority Pass Membership.
- Earn 4 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent on your Regalia Credit Card.
- Accelerate your reward point earnings 5-times when you make PayZapp transactions. Also get additional 10% cash back on mobile recharges made through PayZapp.
- Enjoy 0% surcharge on all your fuel purchases.
- Redeem your rewards against exciting merchandise and gift vouchers. (1 reward point = Re. 0.75)
- Customize your travel and hotel experience with Travel Concierge Assistance available 24x7.
HDFC Regalia First can be your first step towards a luxurious lifestyle. Designed to match your shopping and travel needs, this card also makes you a part of HDFC’s Elite Circle. You get to enjoy exclusive privileges and save big on every transaction. These are some of the great features which make this card a great addition to your wallet-
- Get complimentary Priority Pass Membership which gives you access to over 850 airport lounges across the globe.
- Enjoy up to 15% discount across some leading restaurants across the country.
- Get fuel surcharge waiver when you use your Regalia First Card for fuel purchase.
- Accumulate rewards at the rate of 4 reward points for every Rs. 150 spent.
- Redeem the reward points for free air tickets and other gifts and merchandise (1 reward point = Re. 0.75)
- Get 5X Reward Points on all PayZapp transactions & Additional 10% Cash Back on all recharges through PayZapp.
- Enjoy lowest foreign currency markup of 2% on all your foreign currency spends
- Get air accident cover of 50 Lakh and Emergency Overseas Hospitalization cover of Rs. 10 Lakhs to secure you against medical emergencies when you are travelling abroad.
This HDFC credit card is good for everyday shopping as it gives cashbacks. It attracts an annual fee of Rs. 500 only which is waived off on spending Rs. 50,000 in the preceding year. You can also earn rewards which will be valid for 2 years from the date of accumulation. Given below are some of its features-
- Get 500 bonus reward points as welcome gift.
- Enjoy 1% fuel surcharge waiver across all fuel stations in the country subject to a maximum waiver of Rs. 250 per statement.
- Earn 2 reward points for every Rs. 150 spent on your credit card.
- Enjoy 100% more reward points on your online spends.
- Get benefit of zero lost card liability when you report the loss of credit card immediately. You will not be liable for the fraudulent transactions made on the card after reporting of loss.
- Redeem your rewards for exciting vouchers and air miles from HDFC’s rewards catalogue. (1 Reward Point = Re. 0.20)
As the name suggests, this credit card gives you freedom to spend more and at the same time get some value back. This card comes with a minimal fee of Rs. 500 a year and can be a great addition to your wallet. Here are some of its benefits-
- Earn 1 reward point for every Rs. 150 spent across all categories.
- Earn 5-times more reward points when you spend on movies, groceries, dining, taxis and railway ticket bookings.
- Earn 10X reward points on PayZapp & SmartBuy spends.
- Use your credit card on your birthday and get 25-times more rewards.
- Redeem your rewards for gift vouchers or direct statement credits.
- Spend Rs. 90,000 or more in a year and get Rs. 1,000 gift voucher.
- Enjoy 1% fuel surcharge waiver subject to a maximum cashback of Rs. 400 per statement cycle.
- Get zero lost card liability cover when you report the loss immediately.
- Get Renewal fee waived on spends of Rs 60,000 in a year prior to renewal date.
Launched in collaboration with Jet Airways, this credit card is best suited for frequent travellers. The card attracts an annual fee of Rs. 2,500 and gives numerous benefits to its users. You can save on flight bookings and enjoy exclusive privileges. Some of its features include-
- Get 10,000 bonus JP Miles as joining benefit.
- Avail 4000 JP Miles on first swipe within 90 days of card renewal date
- Enjoy savings on the flight bookings made on Jet Airways website for one time.
- Earn 6 JP Miles on every Rs. 150 spent.
- Earn 18 JP Miles for every Rs. 150 when you use this card to make flight bookings on Jet Airways website.
- Get 5X Reward Points on all PayZapp transactions & Additional 10% Cash Back on all recharges through PayZapp.
- Get complimentary access to over 600 airport lounges across the world.
- Enjoy premier check-in for all domestic flights of JetAirways
- Avail up to 3 add-on cards on your primary credit card.
This card is again a great addition to frequent flyer’s wallets. It lets you elevate your travel experience and at the same time offers a whole new world of privileges and benefits, all for an annual fee of just Rs. 1,000. Let’s talk about some of its key features-
- Enjoy 15% discounts at some of the finest restaurants in the country.
- Be a part of the Exclusive Lounge Program and get access to leading lounges across the world.
- Get up to 6 Complimentary access to 25+ Domestic Lounges and 700+ International Lounges.
- Earn 4 reward points for every Rs. 150 spent across all categories.
- Earn 10-times more reward points on international spends. This offer is valid till 31st March 2018.
- Redeem reward points for booking air tickets or hotels with international and domestic airline and leading hotel chains. (1 reward point = Re. 0.50)
- Get air accident cover of Rs. 1 Crore and emergency medical expense cover of Rs. 25 Lakh.
- Enjoy Diners Club Privileges in over 70 different countries.
This Diner’s Club credit card by HDFC lets you earn several benefits and privileges every time you use the card to make transactions. The annual fee on this credit card is Rs. 1,000 which will be reversed if you spend Rs. 1 Lakh in a year. Some exciting benefits of this credit card include-
- Earn 3 reward points for every Rs. 150 spent on retail.
- Accelerate your reward points 10 times when you make international spends. This offer is valid only till 31st March 2018.
- Redeem Reward Point for Air Miles across Jet Airways (JPMiles) or Singapore Airlines (KrisFlyer Miles). (1 Reward Point = 0.30 Air Mile)
- Be a part of the Exclusive Lounge Program and get access to more than 25 airport lounges in India.
- Accumulated reward points are valid up to 2 years from the date of earning them.
Another one co-branded with Jet Airways, this card offers its users a multitude of travel benefits and privileges. This is an elite credit card and attracts an annual fee of Rs. 5,000 while the one time joining fee is Rs. 10,000. Given below are some features of this card-
- Get 30,000 bonus JPMiles as welcome benefit. Also get 15 JetPrivilege Tier Points within the first 90 days.
- Earn JPMiles every time you use your credit card to make transactions. Spending Rs. 150 gives you 8 JP Miles.
- Accelerate your reward points three-times when you use the card to book flight tickets on Jet Airways.
- Get unlimited complimentary access to over 600+ airport lounges across the world.
- Enjoy unlimited access to premium golf clubs globally and unlimited golf training.
- Get exclusive dining privileges across several partner restaurants.
- Get 1 JetPrivilege Tier Point for every Rs. 1,50,000 retail spends with the card to move towards faster Tier upgrades.
- Avail additional baggage allowance at domestic airports.
Please note that the cards mentioned in the table below are not available on Paisabazaar.com. Kindly visit HDFC Bank’s official website to apply for these.
|HDFC Credit Cards||Joining Fee (in Rs)||Renewal Fee (in Rs)||Top Features||Suitable For|
|HDFC Infinia||10,000||10,000||Premium travel privileges and complimentary access to golf courses in India and across the world||Travel, Golf and Shopping|
|Diners Club Black||10,000||5,000||Redeem reward points for booking air tickets/hotels across 150+ airlines and choicest hotels (1 reward point = Re. 1)||Travel, Dining and Golf|
|JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Platinum||1,000||1,000||Save up to Rs. 5,000 every year on your air tickets and fuel. Also get complimentary access to airport lounges in India.*||Shopping, Travel and Fuel|
|Platinum Times Card||1,000||1,000||Enjoy up to 25% off on movies and up to 20% off on dining at select multiplexes and restaurants.*||Shopping, Dining and Movies|
|Titanium Times Card||500||500||Enjoy up to 25% off on movies and up to 20% off on dining at select multiplexes and restaurants.*||Shopping, Dining and Movies|
|Maruti Suzuki NEXA HDFC Bank AllMiles Credit Card||1,000||1,000||Get 1,000 bonus reward points on payment of joining fee and renewal fee*||Shopping and Fuel|
|Snapdeal HDFC Bank||500||500||Avail flat 5% instant discount on purchases made on Snapdeal.||Shopping and Travel|
|Doctors Superia||1,000||1,000||Welcome benefit of 1,000 reward points and complimentary Priority Pass Membership||Travel, Airport Lounge and Dining|
|Teachers Platinum||500||500||Earn 3 times more reward points on weekends and get bonus rewards on Teacher’s Day.||Shopping and Fuel|
|Platinum Edge||500||500||1% Fuel Surcharge waived off on fuel transactions subject to a maximum waiver of Rs. 250 per statement cycle||Shopping and Fuel|
|Titanium Edge||500||500||Enjoy 50% more reward points on all your Dining spends||Shopping, Fuel and Dining|
|Diners Club Premium||2,500||2,500||Be a part of Exclusive Lounge Program and get Complimentary access to 25+ Domestic Lounges within India and 700+ Lounges Worldwide||Travel and Dining|
|HDFC Solitaire||500||500||Exclusive benefits for women. Enjoy shopping vouchers of total worth Rs. 2,000 every year.*||Shopping|
*Terms and Conditions Apply
You can apply for HDFC Bank credit cards online as well as offline. In order to apply online, you need to visit the HDFC Bank official website and follow the process given below-
- Select the credit card you wish to apply for.
- Click on ‘Apply Online’ button.
- Fill in your personal details such as name, date of birth, contact number, address, etc.
- Fill in your employment details including the gross monthly income, name of the employer, etc.
- Enter the captcha code and submit the form.
- You will get a call from HDFC Bank regarding the application after which an executive from the bank will visit you to collect the relevant documents.
- Once your application is approved, the credit card will be delivered at your address within a week.
For offline application, you can visit the nearest branch of HDFC Bank and meet a credit card representative who will guide you through the application process. You will be required to fill out the form and submit the relevant documents.
Apply at Paisabazaar.com
At Paisabazaar.com, you can compare different credit cards by HDFC Bank and apply for them directly. Just enter your basic details to check the eligibility for different credit cards. Once you find that you are eligible, you can apply online directly. An executive will collect the documents at your doorstep and the credit card will reach you within a week.
For HDFC credit card application, you are required to submit some relevant documents such as income proof, identity proof and address proof.
|Proof of Identity||Proof of Address||Proof of Income|
Other government approved photo identity card
Electricity Bill (not more than 2 months old)
Phone Bill (not more than 2 months old)
Bank statement ( not>3months)
Flat maintenance Bill (Not>2 months)
Last 3 months’ salary slip
Last 3 months’ bank statement
Every time you use your HDFC Bank credit card, reward points will be credited to your account. The number of reward points you earn will vary depending on the type of credit card you have and also on the spending patterns on the card. Once you have accumulated enough reward points in your credit card account, you can redeem them against a multitude of gift vouchers and merchandise.
Rewards Redemption Process
Credit card users can redeem the reward points online as well as offline. For online redemption, follow the process given below-
- Login to your HDFC Credit Card Net Banking.
- From the left navigation bar, click on the ‘Redeem Reward Points’ option.
- Select the card and then you will be redirected to the rewards redemption portal.
- Select ‘Points Range’ and ‘Item Category’ to view your reward redemption catalogue.
- Once you have selected the items against which you want to redeem your points, click on ‘View Shopping Cart’ link to view the selected items. You can also modify the quantity by clicking on ‘Edit’.
- Once you submit, the items will reach at the address mentioned by you. Note that the redeemed points cannot be revoked.
- Keep the redemption order number generated for reference.
For offline redemption, you can fill the redemption form and mail it to the bank. You can download the redemption form from HDFC website.
There are a number of ways in which you can pay your credit card bills.
Net Banking- You can make payment of your HDFC credit card bill directly by logging into your HDFC net banking portal. For this you should first add your credit card to net banking.
Bill Desk- If you do not have an account in HDFC Bank, you can use other bank’s net banking facility to make the payment by going to the HDFC bill desk.
HDFC Bank Mobile Banking Apps- It is even easier to make payment through your mobile banking app but for this you need to add the credit card to your net banking first.
ATM Funds Transfer- HDFC Bank also offers the facility of transferring funds from your savings or current account to your credit card account.
NEFT- HDFC also allows its users to pay their credit card bills through NEFT from other bank accounts. Just enter your card number in place of account number and use IFSC Code HDFC0000128.
Autopay- You can also set standing instructions on your HDFC Bank savings or current account to pay off your credit card bill per month.
Over the Counter Cash Payment- Credit card users can walk into the nearest HDFC Bank branch and make cash payment but a processing fee of Rs. 100 will be charged for the same.
Payment by Cheque- Users can also deposit a cheque payable to the HDFC BANK Card A/c (you should mention your Credit Card number) at any of the branches or ATM dropbox.
HDFC Bank Credit Card users can get in touch with the bank’s customer care via call, email and SMS.
HDFC Bank credit card customer care Toll Free number: 1800 266 4332, 6160 6161
HDFC Bank credit card customer care address for communications through mails and couriers:
For Regular Post:
HDFC Bank Cards Division,
PO BOX # 8654
Thiruvanmiyur PO Chennai - 600 041
HDFC Bank Cards Division,
# 8, Lattice Bridge Road,
Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai - 600 041
In case of complaints, HDFC Bank credit card customers can fill the complaints form available on the official website of HDFC Bank or visit at the given link:
Credit Card Customer Base of HDFC Bank crosses 1 Crore Mark
HDFC has just made a new record by reaching a credit card customer base of more than 1 Crore. According to the data furnished by RBI, the total number of HDFC’s credit card customers is 1.02 Crore which is equal to 28.68 percent of the total credit card customer base in the country. SBI and ICICI stand at second and third place with customer bases of 57.50 Lakhs and 47.26 Lakhs, respectively. Axis bank bags the fourth place with the total credit card customers being 41.45 Lakhs.
Snapdeal-HDFC Bank credit card crosses 1.5 lakh users
Since the launch of its co-branded credit cards with Snapdeal, HDFC Bank has issued these cards to over 1.5 Lakh users. This is the only credit card so far that has been launched in collaboration with an e-commerce brand. The card has been offered to make purchases on Snapdeal more rewarding for the users as the buyers opt for online payment nowadays. Snapdeals claims that the number of its credit card payments has shot up by 1.5 times.
HDFC Bank issues 3 lakh instant credit cards
HDFC Bank launched its InstaCard in January 2017 and within a course of about 1 year the bank has launched instant credit cards. These cards are delivered to the customers within an hour of applying for the credit card through net banking, provided that the applicant meets all eligibility criteria. The application process is also quick and easy. With the InstaCard, customers can make online transactions. Physical credit card is delivered to the customers within a few days.
HDFC Bank Uses Social Media Analytics and Purchase History to Determine Credit Card Eligibility for its Customers
Due to increased opportunities in the credit card market and rising competition, HDFC is breaking the tradition of conservative credit card appraisal. Now the bank is looking forward to target first-time customers on the basis of their purchase history and digital footprints. Analytics and artificial intelligence helps in building a better profile for individuals who do not have any credit history. The bank is focusing on the millennial population ranging between 20 and 30 years of age.
HDFC Bank Launches Co-branded Credit Card with Times Internet
The largest player in the credit card market, HDFC Bank, has launched a card in partnership with Times Internet- a Bennett, Coleman and Co. On this credit card, users can earn Times Points under the online loyalty programme of Times Group. This loyalty program has 18 million user base. Users can earn points while surfing Times Internet website or by commenting on an article on any of these websites.
HDFC Bank to Increase Credit Card Issuance
HDFC (Housing Development and Finance Corporation) Bank, one of the largest private sector banks in India, has voiced intentions to substantially expand its credit card customer base over the next year. With a view to increasing its share of the plastic money business, HDFC Bank plans to double the number of cards it issues every month to reach a figure of about 4 lakh new card issues every month..Read more